In exercise of the powers conferred on him under the proviso to rule 3 of the Government of Mizoram (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1972 as amended from time to time, the Lt.Governor by notification vide No.J.12011/11/80-POL, Dated 30/10/81, published in the Mizoram Gazetted Vol-X,issue No.44, Dated 30/10/81 had ordered creation of a separate Department to be known as Vigilance Department under the Government of Mizoram and the Schedule appended with Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs’ Notification No.U-11022/1/77-UTL dated 17.11.77 shall include the following:-
“ 23 Vigilance Department
1. All matters concerned with Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Measures.
2. Property Returns of Gazetted Officers.
When Mizoram was uplifted to the status of State in 1987, the Governor of Mizoram, in exercise of the powers conferred on him under the proviso to the Government of Mizoram (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1987 allocated the following subject to the Vigilance Department.
1. All matters connected with Vigilance work
2. Anti-corruption measures.
3. Property Returns of Gazetted Officers.
4. Advise on C.C.S (CCA) Rules, 1965.
5. Advise on Government Servant (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
6. Matters relating to Vigillance Commission.
7. Public Grievances
8. Matters relating to Establishment & Administration of ACB
9. Reference of cases to CBI
Vigilance Department is one of the most important Department according to the Mizoram (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1987 which plays pivotal role to check assets of all Gazetted Officers. This Department is under the stable charge of Hon’ble Chief Minister. The Department is administratively headed by the Chief Secretary -cum-Chief Vigilance Officer right from its inception.
A: We are:
Smt Dr. Renu Sharma, IAS
Chief Secretary-cum-Chief Vigilance Officer.
Ph- 0389 2326134. Ph- 0389 2322411, 2322429
1. Deputy Secretary : Smt. Zothantluangi, MSS, Ph..0389 2336646(O, )7085414900 (M)
2.Under Secretary : Smt. Lalmuanpuii, MSS Ph 9862311006 (M)
B: Our Mission:
1. To apprise all the Government servants (Gazetted Officers) under the Government of Mizoram to abide with the provisions contained in the CCS(Conduct) Rules, 1964 to be honest and clean in the discharge of their public duties and their capacity building for better management in governance under their respective charge.
2. To apprise and advice all concerned Controlling officers for appropriate and correct enforcement of the provisions contained in the CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
3. To inculcate and inspire the spirit of Conduct Rules in the minds of the Government servants so as to make them serve in the governance for the Citizens Corruption Free
C: Our Vision:
1. To study and analyze Corruption impact amongst the society within the state and to let them know its harmful and deteriorating impact.
2. To evolve strategies to eradicate any form of Corruption activities within the state.
3. To make the Citizens aware of their rights and to share their views and suggestion to uplift the Citizens in the discharge of their duties and responsibilities as a Citizen of the State.
D. Our Commitment:
1. To receive and hear any grievances of the Citizens with open mind.
2. To initiate appropriate action to prevent Corruption related activities.
3. To render all possible help to the Citizens to let them know any information they want and ought to know except any information exempted under the Right to information Act, 2005 and any rules and regulations made there under.
4. To serve the public with the best efforts and satisfaction.
Have you ever any thought of what is “CORRUPTION” and its harmful impact to Citizens.
"CIGARETTE SMOKING IS INJURIOUS TO HEALTH"